RETURN TO COURSE CATALOG
Description. Physical science is pretty broad, including both chemistry and physics. In this introductory course, students will learn to apply basic concepts of physical science in exploring, experimenting with, and solving problems. Students will also learn about motion, forces, energy, matter, chemical reactions, electricity, and waves. As we go into greater detail to understand physical science, take the time to observe the world around where you live. You will be expected to be able to perform basic algebra throughout the course.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the motion of an object in terms of position, velocity, acceleration, and time.
- Describe forces acting on objects and how they affect the motion of objects.
- Explain the transformation of energy among various forms.
- Describe properties of matter and the structure of atoms.
- Balance basic chemical equations.
- Explain how electricity is produced.
- Describe properties of different kinds of waves.
- Reliable access to a computer and internet connection