Educational Advantage – Math tutor/teacher
Educational Advantage (“EA”) is a tutoring center and accredited online high school located in Park City, Utah. Through a welcome and safe learning environment, our school is set up to address the unique needs of every student in a way that addresses their academic goals, improves their self-confidence, and prepares them for their future.
At EA we work with a variety of students, each who has a unique reason for attending EA: those who are trying to get ahead, those who are trying to catch up, those who need individualized instruction to succeed, those who need non-traditional schedules whether for personal, medical, or professional (athletes) reasons, those who have a learning difference, etc.
We provide general homework help, organizational support, ACT/SAT prep, and individualized instruction to students that take one of our classes for credit. We also offer accelerated group courses over the summer, reading programs (K-12), and college planning.
Develop students’ skills and competence in the principles and application of mathematics.
- Promote a positive learning environment that is safe and conducive to learning in a small-group setting.
- Teach knowledge and skills in a variety of mathematic concepts, providing personalized scaffolding and support for individual students.
- Establishes and maintains familiarity with homework assignments from local schools as well as EA’s math curriculum.
- Develops material that will support student understanding and growth
- Organizes and maintains daily notes for student achievement during their scheduled session.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other EA teachers and staff in the universal pursuit of student success, growth, and achievement.
- Monitors appropriate books, devices, and other equipment needs.
- Knowledge of a wide range of mathematic subject areas, including arithmetic equations, calculus, trigonometry, algebra, geometry, and other related areas.
- Adept at multitasking and working with multiple students at the same time, including knowledge of differentiated instruction based on student learning styles.
- Ability to communicate effectively to students and parents.
- Ability to coordinate and organize work.
- Proficiency with a computer and a variety of academic platforms (Canvas, PowerSchool, EA’s LMS, Kuta-Math software, etc.) or the willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other EA teachers and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics (or related degree), or degree-seeking (graduation within 1 year)
- Teaching/tutoring experience is preferred
- Chemistry and Physics competency is preferred (or the willingness to gain minimal proficiency)
EA offers paid time off/vacation. We follow the Park City School district schedule for vacations/time off during the school year in addition to Fridays and a few days/month in the summer. The sum of these days off is around 40 days/year. EA also offers a retirement plan and monthly health stipend.