RETURN TO COURSE CATALOG
Math 7: Semester 2
Description. Students will learn about performing operations with fractions and working with ratios, proportions, and percents; this course also includes finding different types of probabilities, performing operations with integers, and using algebraic properties and the order of operations to simplify expressions as well as solving one-step equations.
Credit Hours: .5
Price: $250 [$200.00 Course Fee | $50.00 Admin Fee]
Subjects: Middle School
After you have successfully completed this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Simplify and compare fractions.
- Change from fractions to mixed numbers and fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and mixed numbers.
- Identify unit rates in different representations.
- Work with ratios, proportions, and percents.
- Use number lines and modeling with integers.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
- Work with algebraic expressions and equations.
- Write and solve equations and inequalities.
The calculator explorations are written for the Texas Instruments Explorer 30 (TI-30); however, most other graphing calculators have similar capabilities.
Reliable access to a computer and internet.