After you have successfully completed this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Simplify and compare fractions.
- Change from fractions to mixed numbers and fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and mixed numbers.
- Identify unit rates in different representations.
- Work with ratios, proportions, and percents.
- Use number lines and modeling with integers.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers.
- Work with algebraic expressions and equations.
- Write and solve equations and inequalities.
The calculator explorations are written for the Texas Instruments Explorer 30 (TI-30); however, most other graphing calculators have similar capabilities.
Reliable access to a computer and internet.